Use Sock on Water Bottle

contest winner icon

Do you have one of those water bottles that you see pretty much everywhere now days? I'm talking about the ones made of metal or plastic that you can refill over and over again. I own several of them, and I really like them. My children carry theirs around all the time.

My one gripe about them is that if you put ice in them they "sweat" all over everything. I've found a solution to that problem. Simply put a sock over the bottom of the bottle. The sock will absorb the "sweat" and will also help keep your drink cold longer.

Source: I saw my father-in-law using a sock on his drink bottle.

By Mary from Montrose, SD

This is also a great way to tell whose is whose, if you use different patterned socks.

I also carry reusable bottles and I've been wrapping a dish cloth around them. This idea is so much better and will make use of all the orphaned socks I've been saving! Thank you.

Lol. Great idea and you could even try different colored socks for special occasions. Truly a good idea. Those one of a kind socks now have a purpose.

We use those wrist sweat bands around ours. I throw them in the wash machine when I do the towels. :)

Yes, I too use sweat bands, socks and anything that will fit on the bottle to absorb the sweat BUT these plastic use over and over bottles are the worst thing to use. The plastic is cheap and there are chemicals that actually can poison or ruin whatever you are drinking; even if only water with ice.

You have a great idea, now come up with something other than these cheap reuseable plastic bottles to put your drink in. Ask a doctor, he will agree!

Fantastic idea!

When my Grandson's come to visit they tend to sit their drink somewhere and they don't know who's who's. I put a different colored sock on their water or soda bottle so they know which one is theirs.