Pecan Dessert Pizza
- 1 pie crust, prepared
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp. whipping cream
- 1 (6 oz.) bag pecans, chopped
- 2 cups pecan halves (for optional garnish)
- Unroll your pie crust into a 10 inch tart pan. Partially bake the crust at 350 degrees F for 8 minutes and let it cool.
- While the crust is baking, put the brown sugar, butter, honey, and whipping cream in a sauce pan. Warm it, on medium heat, until everything is melted, stirring as needed.
- When it is melted, turn the heat up and bring the mixture to a boil. When it's just bubbling, all around, turn it off.
- Place the chopped pecans over the cool crust. Pour the melted mixture over the pecans.
- Bake the pizza at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. When the pecan pizza has turned a golden brown, remove it from the oven.
- While it's still warm, use the 2 cups of pecan halves to make a rim around the outside to decorate your tart. Press the pecans just a bit so they stick to your pizza.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Guide