CleaningMake Your Own

Air Wick Aroma Warmer Refill Recipe

I was wondering if anyone had a recipe for a refill mix for the Air Wick Aroma Warmer or similar? I have lots of fragrance oils and those refills are expensive!

Thanks,

Robin

By Ela (Guest Post)

I would imagine it is FO in DPG. But it might not be safe to open them, fill them and reclose them. I also wonder if they would wick correctly if they were opened and refilled. I can tell you from experience that the car air wicks do NOT wick correctly after refilling ..

By Robin (Guest Post)

Good idea, I have DPG for incense. This warmer has a wick and it comes right out of the scent. It looks more liquid that oil, though.

Thanks a lot!

By suzi homemaker (Guest Post)

I have never tried to refill a warmer unit but I have saved all of my Airwick decospheres (mango) hoping they would come out with a refill. They do carry some other scents in big bottles with big wicks in them, and they work for a refill, but I just looooove the mango!

I gave in and bought a Febreze machine and I absolutely love it!!! I am currently waiting on some $10 coupons to use towards a new machine ( Ebay) and I will put another one in my playroom.

By Stacy from El Paso (Guest Post)

If it is anything that you plug in, I suggest not using it at all. I have heard of several house fires that have been caused from the plug in air fresheners. I have gotten rid of all mine, and now just use candles or air fresheners that do not plug in.