AdviceHealth & Beauty

Natural or Less Toxic Deodorants

With all the cancer scares and links to our own man made products, I would like to know what deodorant one can use that is less toxic, more natural, and that I can recommend to my teenage daughters.

By Bambini from Uganda

You could use corn starch to hep with any doubts about cancer, just a thought.

I stopped using deoderant years ago. I found that to keep my underarms shaved, and to cleanse with alcohol pads several times a day would keep the oror away. I am able to buy alcohol pads in individual little packets. You may not be able to do that where you live. You could keep some alcohol soaked cotton balld in zip lock plastic bags.

I use rubbing alcohol too, but I put it in a spray bottle and just spray my underarms, then rub it around a bit. This information was told by Dr.

A. Weil. The soaked cotton balls are a good idea. So I think I'll continue using the spray bottle at home, and put some soaked cotton balls in my purse and car.

The health food stores, maybe some department stores sell a salt crystal, all natural deodorant it does not stop you from sweating. but keeps the bacteria down so you do not smell. Some are sold as sticks and use them the same way as deodorant sticks.