Can Diabetics Use Splenda?

0
Share
7
Save
Follow
Print

Is Splenda suitable for diabetics?

By Jeri Appiah from London UK

Yes, I'm diabetic and use it all the time.

Not all sugar substitutes agree 100% with everyone. I have tried a variety of everything and have resolved to do minimal sugar or no sugar. The subs upset my stomach.

To be on the safe side you really should ask your physician that question because diabetes and reactions are not the same for everyone.

Absolutely! I started using Splenda in 2006 after being diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Later that year, in September, I had gastric bypass surgery. Again I used Splenda. I've had no side effects or anything.

With gastric bypass surgery you Have to watch your sugar intake. When I don't and eat something sugary, I spend the next few hours in the bathroom. I love Splenda!! It is so versatile too. Good luck. Would not use anything else.

My dad couldn't use it it would make his sugar go up over 200. He had to quit using it. He uses Sweet and Low or Equal with no problems. I think if I'm not mistaken Splenda has sugar in it.

I agree with previous post not everyone reacts the same to all things. I'd consult your physician.

Splenda makes more than one product. Splenda alone is ok for diabetics (Both DH and I are diabetic) They also have a bag that is half and half. Half Splenda and half real sugar. And they package in different sizes. So We test to see if either of us has a Blood sugar high or low when we try new products. If you check with the DR. and they say it is OK to try it.

Do so with a small amount for a week, Then if you tolerate it well, maybe you could make a cake with it and see how that works for you.Some people can't use any sugar free products,Others live on them. Many companies are using Splenda in their Sugar Free products now. I just bought a cake mix containing Splenda. Turned out OK, People couldn't tell it was sugar free either. GG Vi

Health & Beauty AdviceJuly 16, 2010
🎆
🌻
👔
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf83744771.tip.html