Fleece Doll Blanket
This simple no-sew blanket project is great for babies or baby dolls. Do this project in conjunction with the Doll Bunny Slippers as an original gift for little girls who love their dolls. It can also be adapted to a larger scale for lap blankets.
What you'll need:
- (2) 18 inch squares of fleece
- Trim the fleece squares so that they are even on all sides, and keep them stacked on top of one another throughout the project.
- Cut a 1x1 inch square from the four corners of the fabric.
- Make fringe on all four sides, through both layers of fabric, by cutting 1 1/2 inch slits 1/2 inch apart.
- Tie a section of the bottom fringe to the correlating top fringe in a knot. Repeat this step until all of the fringe is tied.
- For a nice presentation, line up all the knots so that the bows are in a straight row on all sides, then fold the blanket in half and roll it into a cylinder.
- Tie the rolled blanket with a satin ribbon. For a personal touch, cross-stitch the doll's name on a 2x4 inch rectangle, sew bias tape around the perimeter of the rectangle to seal the edges, and stitch the name plate onto the corner of the blanket.
Your doll lover will be impressed!
About The Author: Shauna Smith Duty is a freelance writer with a penache for writing family and parenting articles. She composes articles for both print and web publications, reviews children's books and movies, writes short plays, and provides editing services.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.