Paper Under Cooling Rack to Collect Crumbs

Hello everyone. I hope you had a very happy Holiday. While I was baking cookies with my 8 year old grandson, I complained about all the crumbs left under the cooling rack when I was finished baking and what a chore it was to clean it up.

Well, Zack said to me, "Noni, why don't you place paper towels under the cooling racks and then you can just pick up the paper towels and throw them in the trash?" I was so surprised that he came up with this idea. We put paper towels under the racks and it was a breeze to clean up. My grandson is one "Smart Cookie"!

By Sherri from Rohnert Park, CA

I use a dish towel under the cooling rack. Then I just gather it up and shake it outside near the bird feeder. The birds get a treat and I save on paper towels. Works great under fresh bread when cutting it, too.

Anonymous

I just love, "Out of the mouths of babes ". ;-)

I, too, use a dish towel so as not to be wasteful, but didn't think about putting the crumbs out for the birds.

That's a great idea too!