Pillow Cases from Sheets

If you browse thrift stores as frequently as I do, you will find some very nice sheets. I am always searching for nice tricot or satin sheets to make pillow cases out of.

Recently, I found some beautiful tricot sheets with gorgeous wide lace on them, and all I did was measure (twice), cut, and sew. And it only took an hour's worth of time to make them. Not only that, but you have plenty of fabric to make even more, and you have only spent a few dollars to make several very nice pillow cases!

I have foam pillows, so I make my pillow cases 20 inches wide by 31-1/2 inches long, and this gives a good fit. Since the lace border is already finished, this saves you a lot of time.

By CDC from FL

I always make pillow cases from my old sheets; there seems to be lots of still-good fabric even though some is worn. I see no need to throw the entire sheet out when I can always use more pillow cases. It's a great way to recycle.