Clean Art Brushes With Hand Sanitizer

I use acrylic paints for my yard art projects, and cleaning my brushes is an important step. I have found that if I squirt a little hand sanitizer into the palm of my hand, and work it into the bristles, it does an excellent job of removing the paint trapped in the brush.

Use a smooth back and forth swabbing motion, gently. If you use a circular motion it may damage the bristles. Repeat this procedure until you no longer see any paint residue in your hand. Rinse and reshape the bristles and let dry.

The hand sanitizer also makes removing paint from your hands much easier. I buy cheap hand sanitizer from the $1.00 store.

Source: I experiment with different cleaners and this was my latest experiment that seems to work well.

By Harlean from Hot Springs, AR

In These Pages
Crafts PaintingNovember 2, 2011
🌻
🐛
📓