Mower Keeps Shutting Down

I have a John Deere L130 mower. It runs for an hour then acts as if it's starving for fuel. If I wait 15-20 minutes, it starts right up and it's good for 45 to an hour and it does it again.

By Rod

I don't think it is the battery and certainly not the spark plug. I have a new John Deere that when I first purchased the unit the mower would not start and I thought it was the battery. I would would charge the battery and finally bought a new battery. Still had the same problem. So I visited two John Deere dealers and they told me the valves were out of alignment. Thought they were nuts but one told me it was the problem the Briggs and Stratton engine. To fix the problem short of have them repair the valves was to turn the air strainer that sits on top of the engine counter clockwise until there is resistance to the turning. I did that and the mower started right up. So, now I have to turn the strainer either clock wise or counter clock wise to start the mower.The dealer said he could fix the valves but I would be back next year to have the valves set again. The mower has been used only 43 hours.

clean the gas tank and replace the filter