Husqvarna Riding Mower Keeps Stalling

Category Lawn Mowers
Trying to figure out why your lawn mower keeps stalling can be difficult. This is a page about Husqvarna riding mower keeps stalling.

My Husqvarna riding lawn mower shuts off while mowing. It will run for a short time then shut off while. If you let it sit for awhile it will start back up and run for a short time and shut off again. What is the problem?

Answers

Best Answer

Check the vent hole in your gas cap. After it runs a while the vacuum created by gas flowing out of the tank without air flowing in does not allow the gas to flow to the carburetor. Never mind if you have a fuel pump.

I have a ten year old Husqvarna logth2448t 48" riding mower. I have never had a stitch of trouble in all these years. There was a slight leak around seal last year. I paid $250 to repair it. it leaks worse now than it did then. So we just add oil. I found a mouse nest in the air intake a few weeks ago. I took it apart, cleaned out the air filter, shopvac-ed gently all areas.

The current problem is that it runs and then dies after ten minutes. I bought a new battery. It cranked up and ran the last few weeks. Today it cranked right up, ran fifteen minutes, and lost power slowly to the blades, then it seemed like it lost power all over. I decided to get a new belt and install (it had never been done so it needed it). Again, it ran fifteen minutes and the blades lost power slowly and it just wound down basically! What on earth could this be?

Answers

Best Answer

May need a new coil. Check to see if the coil is cracked.

Best Answer

I had the exact same problem. In another question on this site someone suggested the gas cap vent was clogged. This was the problem and fix for me. It made total sense because it always felt like the engine wasn't getting gas before it died.

Next time it's about to stall open the gas cap a couple of turns. If this is the problem your engine should start running smoothly again. You can also open the gas cap and listen for air being sucked in which will indicate a clogged vent.

I have a Husqvarna yth2348, that was stalling shortly after it started. It acted like the choke was stuck, after tracing the choke cable it was not. I replaced the carburetor and fuel filter, but am still having the same problem. I have checked the vacuum on the fuel pump and it appears to be good. Any ideas?

Answers

The fuel line may be clogged

Have you checked the entire undercarriage for nests. This time of year especially, mice nests can wreck havoc on mowers. Wasp nests also, but that is more in early summer.

Post back with an update.

My tractor was galloping last week This week it stalled out and now it won't run. It started a couple of times, ran a bit and then cut out. I'm thinking fuel pump? Is there a way to test it?

Answers

According to this website: www.manualslib.com/.../Husqvarna-Rz46i.html?page=49

Here are some cause that can be happening for your Husqvarna RZ46i tractor:

• Blade switch is engaged
  • Steering controls are not locked in the neutral position
  • Park brake is not activated
  • Battery is dead
  • Contamination in the carburetor or fuel line
  • Fuel supply is closed
  • Clogged fuel filter or fuel line
  • Advertisement

• Ignition system faulty

Reference: www.manualslib.com/.../Husqvarna-Rz46i.html?page=49#manual You can use the > for more problem/cause.

You could have a clogged fuel line.

I have a Husqvarna rider 48 inch. It cuts, runs great, and blades engage just fine when the mower is still. When I try to go forward and put it in gear it wants to stall. It acts like it's losing power when the blades are engaged. However when I disengage the blades it will go forward with no problem. What could this be?

By Dan

Answers

Is the throttle fully opened up?

my husband said yes

I have a Husqvarna YT48DXLS riding lawn mower. It has a 48" cut and a 25 HP Kohler motor. It takes me about an hour to mow my lawn as sometimes, 4-6 times, it just seems like the choke has been pulled out. The mower will lose power and almost die. If I turn off the mower deck and it will usually recover with lots of smoke then run just like normal. I have tried to figure out when it will do it (turning, uphill, down hill), but there seems to be no rhyme or reason when or if it will happen.

My second issue is, I had the dealer put a factory mulch kit on the mower. I have had mulching mowers for 25 years, but never had this issue. When I mow I get covered with grass clippings. It is like they are getting blown out of the right/front part of the deck. My feet and legs will be covered with grass. I am thinking about switching blades to Oregon Gator blades that I have used on other mulching mowers.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Answers

For the mulcher issue, I would contact the dealer since there is obviously a defective part.

If you are seeing smoke, something is overheating. You may be burning oil.

My Husqvarna mower shuts down when I turn the blades on. I suspect a faulty safety switch. How can I over-ride the safety switch?

Answers

The safety switch is located under the seat. Disconnect it and then reconnect it.

When I started my Husqvarna mower there was smoke coming out of it and it only went for a couple of minutes then died out. I have checked the oil which is fine and the air filter is clean so what could it be?

Answers

Smoking motor:

1. You have bad gas or gas that has sat in the engine for a long period of time that has turned to sludge.
  2. The gas is clogging the carburetor and causing your engine to smoke.
  3. You need to clean the gas out of the tank and the carburetor.
  4. Put in new gas and try again.
Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersJanuary 24, 2017
🎃