Husqvarna Riding Mower Keeps Stalling

Category Lawn Mowers
Trying to figure out why your lawn mower keeps stalling can be difficult. This is a guide about Husqvarna riding mower keeps stalling.

My Husqvarna riding lawn mower shuts off while mowing. It will run for a short time then shut off while. If you let it sit for awhile it will start back up and run for a short time and shut off again. What is the problem?

Answers

Best Answer

Check the vent hole in your gas cap. After it runs a while the vacuum created by gas flowing out of the tank without air flowing in does not allow the gas to flow to the carburetor. Never mind if you have a fuel pump.

I have a ten year old Husqvarna logth2448t 48" riding mower. I have never had a stitch of trouble in all these years. There was a slight leak around seal last year. I paid $250 to repair it. it leaks worse now than it did then. So we just add oil. I found a mouse nest in the air intake a few weeks ago. I took it apart, cleaned out the air filter, shopvac-ed gently all areas.

The current problem is that it runs and then dies after ten minutes. I bought a new battery. It cranked up and ran the last few weeks. Today it cranked right up, ran fifteen minutes, and lost power slowly to the blades, then it seemed like it lost power all over. I decided to get a new belt and install (it had never been done so it needed it). Again, it ran fifteen minutes and the blades lost power slowly and it just wound down basically! What on earth could this be?

Answers

Best Answer

May need a new coil. Check to see if the coil is cracked.

Best Answer

I had the exact same problem. In another question on this site someone suggested the gas cap vent was clogged. This was the problem and fix for me. It made total sense because it always felt like the engine wasn't getting gas before it died. Next time it's about to stall open the gas cap a couple of turns. If this is the problem your engine should start running smoothly again. You can also open the gas cap and listen for air being sucked in which will indicate a clogged vent.

I have a Husqvarna rider 48 inch. It cuts, runs great, and blades engage just fine when the mower is still. When I try to go forward and put it in gear it wants to stall. It acts like it's losing power when the blades are engaged. However when I disengage the blades it will go forward with no problem. What could this be?

By Dan

Answers

Is the throttle fully opened up?

my husband said yes

When I started my Husqvarna mower there was smoke coming out of it and it only went for a couple of minutes then died out. I have checked the oil which is fine and the air filter is clean so what could it be?