CouponingShopping

Saving Money on Newspapers Bought for Coupons

Category Couponing

I don't know about everywhere else, but where I live it costs a dollar for the Sunday paper. It may not seem like a lot to the everyday person, but when you're buying it for the coupons, so you can save money, every penny counts.

So, here's my tip. If you know someone else who buys the Sunday paper for that same reason just switch off with them. For example: say me and my friend buy the same paper for the same reason, so one week I would buy the paper, clip my coupons and hand the paper and the unwanted coupons over to my friend. Then the next week she would buy the paper and hand it over to me when she's done. So, me and my friend would save an extra dollar every two weeks. Again, it may not seem like a lot, but remember every penny counts.

By Jenny M.

By Paula W (Guest Post)

good idea! The coupons can save a lot of money if you find them for the products you are shopping for anyway...many times other people want the ones that don't interest you. Sometimes when I clip a coupon and then decide in the store not to use it, I will set it on the shelf by the product where it might benefit another customer.

By Jo (Guest Post)

To avoid buying the paper at all, go on the Internet and bring up http://www.sundaysaver.com/

It lists all kinds of stores and the sale items for that week. You can make your shopping list from that. Just put in your zip code and they bring up the stores in your area.

If you are a coupon clipper like me and you already get the newspaper delivered to your home go to the nearest Mr. Tire and you may get up to 3 papers FREE!!!

This is how I save and support a family of 9.

By Joyce Hiotes

i have a better idea at no cost to you just monitor the neighbors trash on garbage day more than likely you will get the coupons for free..this is how i get mutiple lots of coupons i trash browse every garbage day..

you can get the paper for free at a local days inn just go in there on sunday and ask about rates while you are there you will see the paper on the counter its free help your self if you go between 6 and 9 in the morning you can help your self to continental breakfast to..and free coffee

also the local laundromats have the paper and other magazines free for customers to look at and take..you dont have to do laundry just go in there like you are doing laundry and sit down and go thru magazines and paper when you are done just leave..

Buy two Sunday Newspapers, so that you receive doubles of the same coupons. When there are sales for "Buy One Get One Free" items. Most of the time, you can use two coupons. That is, if the coupon is for one item - As opposed to "Save .30 on two".

Example: "Buy One Softsoap Body Wash, Get one free". Coupon - "Save two dollars on One Soft Soap Body Wash.

Use both coupons, since two items are being purchased. Result: Saving $4.00 on 2 Soft Soap Body Washes. Most of the time, it ends up being free.

By Sandra from Wesley Chapel, FL