Keeping Greeting Cards Handy

My mother always had a well-stocked card box and I carried on her tradition. Every time I shop for cards, I will find several I like or sometimes I like one so much I get several of it. Hallmark runs buy 3 get 1 free promotions in the discount stores, making it easy to do so. I also take advantage of sales where boxes of cards have been marked down. I make sure I have a variety - boys, girls, men, women, family, condolence, congratulations, weddings, showers, new babies, etc.

Holiday cards that get marked down to 75% or more after Christmas and Hanukkah can also be picked up for your holiday card box. Dollar Tree and other dollar stores carry greeting cards at 2/$1 all the time. I never have to go out for a card.

I have just started doing this in the last year or two, and it has been wonderful! I began when I found close-out Hallmark cards for 25 cents, and now I look for appropriate cards whenever I find them on sale. Or, if I just happen to see the perfect card for someone whose birthday is several months away, I go ahead and buy it to use later. Whenever a birthday or event approaches, I look in my card box first. Now, if only I could maintain some semblance of organization in the box...

I also look for deals on fancy cards on sale at specialty shops and also keep an eye out at thrift shops! Some of my cards are just notecards without a greeting - so I can put in my own with my calligraphy pen(s). Very handy!

at yard sales you can find vintage beatiful cards and envolopes, if they smell musty from age just put them inside a ziplock bag and put inside with them a dryer sheet or what i like best is a piece of paper sprayed lightly with a nice perfume and let set closed up until the musty smell has gone replaced by a wonderful scent.

I do this too. Stores going out of business have been a good place to buy discounted greeting cards of all types. Also, my church sells greeting cards, individual cards for .25 cents ea. & sometimes bundled cards (set of 10) all sell for .50 cents. All of these are either recycled by our ladies group or donated in from the public for our quarterly rummage sales.

I do this too and it really is not only convenient but a savings too. I buy up cards on sale or get at garage sales or thrift shops. I also make some on the computer. It is rare that I have to spend time and gas money going after a card and can choose an appropriate one from my stash and put out for the mailman.