AdviceDogs

What Mix is this Dog?

What type of dog is this She is 11 wks. old and is tough. She gets along with our BIG German Shep. They said she was Collie/German Shep. but I don't think so. She almost looks like Rhod. Ridgeback cross?

Deborah from Phoenix

The next time you have to take your puppy to the vet ask him/her what the breed is.

With rescues it's tough to guess what mix they are by looking at them. What I think is much more fun is reading up on different dog breeds, then watching the natural behaviors of your dog. Our dog is listed as Golden Retriever/Chow, but he herds and came to us from the country. I'm guessing that there must be some Australian Shepherd in him. Have fun!

She is definitely an equal mix of Cute, Smart, and Darling! Just LOOK at her! haha

I agree with Marge W., ask your vet. But one other thing, you really can't tell what a dog is until it is grown. Enjoy!

I have a Rhodesian mix, and mine doesn't look like yours, but yours does look like others I have seen. If she is Rhodesian, you will definitely know because they are sweet, smart and very stubborn, lol.

Your dog does seem to have the Rhodie eyes and ears, but I think you'll have to wait a few more months before successfully identifying specific breed traits. I hope you'll share more pics when she is older.

Hmmm..I can't see the dog standing for a better look but off hand I think she looks more lab-german shephard. A real cutie she is!

What ever she is, she is cute as a button. Just TRAIN her, LOVE her PROTECT her and ENJOY her, then reap the rewards.

I think you could be right. Is there a ridge down her back? Don't forget that German Shepherds come in a colour called sable and looking at your pup this could be a possibility. I'd like to see another picture when she's about 6 months old.

Here is another pic of her