Craft Uses for Sugar Bags

Category Containers
Thick paper sugar bags have crafting potential. This is a guide about craft uses for sugar bags.

Many brands of sugar include a cookie recipe on the bag. This gave me the idea to make the cookies as a gift, then turn the sugar bag into the gift bag. The recipient receives a nice treat as well as the recipe all in one bag.

Directions:

1. I simply emptied all the sugar into my canister, then flattened the top end of the bag.
  2. Using a small bowl, I drew 2 semi-circles that would be the bag's handles and continued the lines down to the top of the bag's graphics.
  3. Ad

4. I cut out inside the handles area, through front and back, and the excess around the sides.
  5. I also reinforced the inside of each handle with card stock cut to the same shape as the handles.
  6. I used a bit of red yarn to tie them together, but you could leave the handles plain.
  7. Fill your bag with sugar cookies. This one holds about 18. I wrapped them in waxed paper packets of 6.

Now you're ready to give someone a unique gift.

By ~gloria from western NY

Great idea!

cute : D

Thanks, Lewis and ToBe. Glad you like it.