Bees & WaspsPest Control

Bees in My Trumpet Vines

What can I do to get rid of the bees in my front yard, that are in my trumpet vine bush? I can't see if they have a hive but there are millions and I thnik they are honey bees. They only have been there about 1 week.

Thanks!

lindaD.

Why would you want to get rid of bees?They are a beneficial insect & will not harm you - if you leave them alone - they're usually more interested in flowers than people.....

I have tons in my yard & they completely ignore me in favour of pollen & nectar.The only exceptions are the solitary, big black carpenter bees - which are very curious & hover around to check me out sometimes, before buzzing away.

The trumpet vines are on my neighbors fence and the bees invade my swimming pool. They are also very territorial with myself and familly.

If you really want too get rid of them just get a sprayer & put water & dish soap in it & spray them.

By (Guest Post)

the vines must be just coming into bloom. They are after teh necter in the flowers. Do nothing. When the plant is through blooming the bees will move on to the next flowers down the block.

Denise

By Brian W. (Guest Post)

If honey bees and you truly want to get rid of them, for whatever your reason, try Sevin. It works so well that the environmentalists encourage you not to use it. Secondly if there are big Carpenter Bees around and they fly at you, it is okay. Because only the male is likely to fly towards you, but he does not have a stinger. Only the female has a stinger, but she is very docile and very unlikely to notice you at all. Good luck.

By bee lover (Guest Post)

Since i started gardening i have come to understand that many plants need a huge amount of bee activity to produce crops, many farmers keep beehives for that reason. Do you have a garden?

You guys shouldnt be using insecticides or getting rid of bees if you dont want bees dont have flowers. :( I'm sad the bees are going extinct.

Everyone should plant flowers for bees and avoid all pesticides and chemicals that are unnecessary. I know I'm posting this ten years after the question. Doesn't that make it interesting :)