Living RoomDecorating

Table Finish Color to Coordinate With Olive Sofa

Category Living Room

I have an olive green sofa and love seat. My problem is I think I purchased the wrong color cocktail and end tables. My tables are merlot with a glass top. I don't have a photo.

By Jackie C

It's your house and your furniture. You obviously like the tables or you wouldn't have bought them. You can accessorize around these choices for a lot less money than you can replace anything. Just remember God's choice of many shades of green in His creation. I am a firm believer that shades of green and blue will coordinate with anything. Just look at all the colors of flowers. They all have some shade of green leaves with a blue sky above them.

Pillows and flower and vases using various shades of green and merlot shading into deep rose or pink will tie it all together. I saw a TV show where they were coating the inside of glass bottles or jars with paint by starting with the darkest color and adding white, coating the jar, adding more white and doing another.

They were using the glass cans that food comes in--jam/jelly jars, pasta sauce jars, etc.

These placed on a wall colored shell above the sofa is a way to coordinate your colors. They just poured the paint in the jars, rolled them around until the inside was coated, poured out the paint, added a little white and did the next one. Displayed on a shell in order of intensity was lovely.

Color matching is a very personal opinion. That said, different shades of orange have often been very nicely paired with olive green. Sometimes, certain yellows can be a real smash, as well. If you want to go the muted route, then browns can really complement olive green, too. Good luck & enjoy!