Freezing Eggs

Until a good friend shared this tip with me, I did not know that fresh eggs can be whisked together and frozen for up to six months. I have been doing this for over a year now.

I buy large eggs when they are on sale in the 18 pack cartons. I keep out about six for use in the fridge and then whisk together whites and yolks of the remaining 12 eggs until just combined.

I then measure them into my ice ice-cube trays, using 3 Tbsp. of the mixture per segment (3 Tbsp. is equivalent to 1 large egg).

Freeze until solid, then transfer cubes to a freezer bag for up to 6 months. Don't forget to date the freezer bag. When ready to use take out one or more and thaw in the refrigerator.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

And don't forget to have a few separated yolks and whites frozen for use in a pinch too ;-)

I found this out by accident. I was moving into an apt. and someone swapped out my fridge before I got back from another run. I had some green olived and cottage cheese in the fridge. The maintenance man didn't know any better, so he popped them in the new fridge, with the idea I am sure, that it would chill quick and I would be back in time to get them out.

I wasn't. But, once they thawed, they were as good as new. I thought they were lost, but really tasted no different. I have often experimented with freezing things to see if they do well. I know that at least these two do.
PBP

That was suppose to say "freezer" by the way!

Thanks for the tips! Happy Holidays!

I do something similar with egg substitute. I buy a large carton, divide it between four containers, add some diced ham (I get the low fat, low sodium - just ask the deli person to cut 1 thick slice and you can dice it as small as you like).

I add the ham to the egg in the containers, and then freeze. I keep some shredded cheese on hand and when I want I have the makings of an omelet.

When I make Angel Food Cake, I use the egg whites and freeze the yolks in ice cube trays, as you mentioned, then put them in a ziploc freezer bag. The egg yolks are delicious poached. I just drop them frozen in boiling water and simmer until done. Takes just a minute or so to cook depending on how done you like them.

Anonymous

Covered sounds better

Food and Recipes Freezing DairyApril 2, 2010
🌻
📓
😎
🐛
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf88723411.tip.html