Product ComplaintsConsumer Advice

Warped Copper Bottomed Pans

Does anyone else have copper-bottomed pans that have warped? My parents have the Cook brand from JC Penny's and they are used on a ceramic cook-top. I noticed yesterday that all the pans seem to have a concave bottom (not good for this type of cook-top). When they bought the pans they looked specifically for flat-bottoms so I don't think they were warped before, but not sure. Does anyone else have this brand and are they concave?

If the pans were used on too high of heat, put on high heat without anything in them, or were hot and someone added a cold liquid either while cooking or rinsed with cold water afterward, the bottoms would warp. It has nothing to do with the copper bottoms and they cannot be fixed.

I believe the previous poster is correct. I have a fry pan that is also warped. It does not have a copper bottom. I am pretty sure that I did this myself by placing it on too high a heat with nothing in it.

I have Revereware that have warped also. The reason for this is because when somebody who will remain nameless burnt something while cooking. My mom warned me of this and it really does happen. So I will be shopping for something different soon. It makes it hard to cook. lol dar

Penneys has a pretty good-return policy-their stance it anything can be returned if you are dissatisfied. I would try return the pans. If they were at all expensive, especially, they should not warp.

Before throwing the pans away, try this:
Take the pan/skillet outside to the driveway, and SMACK the pan hard on the concrete surface. Make sure you strike the pan FLAT! If worried about scratching, place one sheet of newspaper on the surface first :)