Make Iced Tea Right in a Water Bottle

I like to drink tea, soda, etc. from the smaller bottles and an inexpensive way of having them ready to go is place your favorite teabag in the bottom of the bottle and fill with water and place in your fridge. Within a few hours, you have unsweetened tea ready to go without pouring or mixing anything. Just grab a packet of your favorite sweetener, if you prefer, and go. I like it because if people come over, they can customize the sweetener they want to use and how much. You aren't stuck with just all artificially sweetened or sugar sweetened beverages. It's cheap, available, and easily custom fitted to your needs.

To get the teabag out, you can use a skewer or your finger if they are small enough. Wash out and rinse with warm soapy water and you are ready to go again.

If you lose one, you are not heartbroken that you lost a fancy drink bottle. And, it's eco friendly.

By Arlene from Philadelphia, PA

Have you ever heard of 'sun tea'? Instead of placing the bottle(s) in your fridge, set them in a sunny place in your yard for a couple of hours, then refrigerate - tastes fresh brewed - YUM!

According to this article -it is safer to brew it in the fridge than in the sun due to bacteria growth:

http://www.snop … epare/suntea.asp

Well, as a displaced southerner, I grew up on "sun tea" and I've never gotten sick from it - maybe a climate difference?

I do a similar thing but with 1.5 liter bottles. I make a "concentrate" using 3-4 tea bags then transfer to the bottle and fill the rest with water. Saves lots of money and makes for a healthy drink.

Why do so many people make the tea hot first then cool it. Can you just but the bag right in cold water? Is there some reason to not do that?