Treating a Child with Constipation

My 8 month old grandson has trouble with being constipated. What else besides feeding him prunes (baby food) works?

By Jackie from Enumclaw, WA

Best Answer

I'd talk to his doctor first, but I can suggest that you make sure he's getting enough water. Once a baby starts eating solid foods and not taking in as much water (via formula) they may become a little dehydrated, which can lead to constipation.

Best Answer

Our pediatrician says "P is for pooping": prunes, pears, peaches. I really good remedy is dragon fruit (pitaya, strawberry pear)

Best Answer

Ask his pediatrician.

Ask your doctor. She will know what to do.

I don't think I would recommend anything without knowing if your grandson is allergic to anything. I would go and talk with his doctor and be on the safe side with him being only 8 months old.

I used to give my son a couple drops of olive oil in the back of his throat of course, always worked. The best way to eliminate this problem is fruit and veggies with every meal.

Try Essentia Water. You can get it at almost any Natural Foods store or you can order it online at essentia.com

My daughter had a problem with constipation when she was a baby, and we determined it was the iron in her formula that was causing it. We took her off of it and started giving her goats milk from the health food store. The problem went away as soon as we switched. Good luck!

My grandson had the same problem and the Dr. recommended Miralax.

The Dr. also prescribed a baby enema. Please ask your Dr. before changing anything in his diet.

My twins' pediatrician told us to put a tsp. of Karo syrup in their bottles when feeding formula. I did not use formula with iron, this will constipate even more. The Karo was a miracle for us. Natural and easy. Call your doc and ask if this is a good idea for your child.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesMarch 25, 2011
🌻
🐛
📓