Creating a Cleaning Schedule

I have developed the following housecleaning schedule after years of trying to do it all every day and winding up with not much getting done any day! I've been using this schedule now for a couple of years and it works great. It's easily adjustable to fit anyone's home. Also if a day has to be missed, I either let it go till next week or pick it up the next day, depending on how I feel. (By the way when I say Roomba, that's my vacuum).

General Cleaning

Monday: Kitchen

Tuesday: Living Room

Wednesday: Master Bedroom

Thursday: Small Bathroom

Friday: Master Bathroom

Saturday: Craft Room

Sunday: Corner Bedroom

Thorough Cleaning (done every 6-8 weeks)

Monday: Kitchen

Tuesday: Living Room

Wednesday: Master Bedroom

Thursday: Small Bathroom

Friday: Master Bathroom

Saturday: Craft Room

Sunday: Corner Bedroom

By Cricket from Parkton, NC

5 More Solutions

I am always reading where people say to clean as we see things that need it. That's a great idea, but sometimes it builds up and takes more organizing to get it done. This is my plan to get it all caught up.

I find it's easier to keep up on the housecleaning if I have a cleaning schedule. It's also easier for my 4 year old son because he is learning that each day we have different chores and he knows what is expected.

I love to organize. I like everything to have a home and be labeled. I become so focused on keeping the small stuff in its place that I let the bigger picture fall apart. My craft items all have a specific home, but when is the last time I cleaned my baseboards?

Keep Up With Household Chores By Creating a Cleaning Schedule - unmarked schedule

Recently I had had enough of my kids not doing their chores and getting frustrated realising it was easier to do things myself than go behind them and do them...then I got behind on MY chores!

I am wondering if anyone has a house cleaning schedule they would like to share with me.

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceSeptember 7, 2011
🌻
🐛
👔
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf90940750.tip.html