Garden: Tiger Lily

The tiger lily, like other lilies, symbolizes the feminine principle reflecting the qualities of mercy, compassion, kindness and unconditional love.

By April from Albany, GA

I've had orange tiger lillies for many decades. They are between my land and the farmer's field of corn in zone 4. They seem to need direct sun and most definitely spread. A problem I've had, though, is that they seem to fall over in one direction, even if there is no wind storm. Any ideas?

Reply Like this photo? Yes

This picture is of a Canna Lily, not a Tiger Lily.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

In spite of record breaking heat, to my surprise, these beautiful lilies emerged and lasted a couple of weeks. For the last couple of years they died out and did not make it to full bloom. I guess they made up for it this year.

All but one opened, due to the evil Japanese Beetle that ate right through the buds layers. Nevertheless, it was a pleasant visit I had with my Spotted Tiger Lily.

By DeMay from Missouri

Beautiful tiger lily bloom

Comment Pin it! Like this photo? 5

Photos GardenJuly 11, 2011
😎
📓
🐛
🌻
😷
Generated 2020-07-24 00:53:37 in 790 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf91123297.tip.html

GardenPhotos