LaundryCleaning

Knowing When Laundry Needs Pretreatment

Category Laundry

When doing the laundry, if I find any of my husband's work clothes that have been gently tied in a knot, this item requires special treatment, like degreaser, etc. This works well for knowing which items need treatment.

By Terri

By ... (Guest Post)

The essential component for this to work is to train one's husband to recognize that there are certain stains that just won't come out of clothes without extra attention being paid to them. My dear hubby just doesn't get it, so I have to look at his clothing very closely when the laundry is being sorted :(

I, too, have to check the clothes in our house very carefully! A plastic clothes pin affixed to the stain or spot on the clothes works well, too. Tells which garment needs attention and where. But it's always best to check the entire garment not just where the clothes pin is.

Never put anything into the dryer until the stain is removed to your satisfaction as heat will set the stain. You might have to launder the garment a few times for the stain to be removed fully.