Substitutes for Oil Based Paints for Metal and Wood?

Category Painting

I bought old metal railing which has kind of a plastic coating, maybe. It really doesn't sand and our province doesn't sell oil paints. I am at a loss as to what type of paint to use for outdoors. The painting is work intensive with 60 feet of metal rail. I am doing taupe over dark brown.

I also went to purchase my favorite Behr semi transparent oil stain to redo kitchen cabinets and was told, "No oil products in this province". Now what? I want the wood grain to show through and am going from an oak color to dark.

By la

Did you go to your local paint store and ask them for suggestions. You could call someone such as Sherwin Williams or other paint companies on the phone and get a professional opinion. They would have the best information. Sadly oil paint has been phased out in favor of Latex products. Another suggestion is check out a body shop. They may air spray the railings for you for a price.

What province are you in? I would have suggested varathane, colours in plastic paint.

If you are willing and this isn't something new in b.c. I could send you some

Home and Garden Home Improvement PaintingAugust 4, 2011
🌻
😷
🐛
😎
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf91935746.tip.html

PaintingHome Improvement