Saving Land That is Being Washed Away?

0
Share
3
Save
Follow
Print

My land is being washed away in the creek bed. It is dry in the summer. I'm looking for ways to stop this, but I don't have a lot of money. I want to save my land without getting in the way of the creek.

By candy from Stonyford, CA

Without seeing your land, I would suggest that you try planting large shrubbery or fast growing trees and place a lot of creek rocks over the area to slow down the process of erosion. The rocks will work year long while shrubbery takes time to grow.

I agree with the other post, particularly about the rocks. You could try calling a few construction companies, as they sometimes have boulders that they have to haul away and they might donate it to you. Otherwise, call a local extension office or talk with a university horticulture office to see what plant selections would work. Perhaps a local community group would want to take this on as a nature project?

You need to contact your county soil conservation office for suggestions. They may have funds, if not suggestions about the erosion.

Home and Garden Home Improvement AdviceOctober 15, 2010
🌻
👔
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf92789220.tip.html