Save Money On Amazon Purchases

To save money on Amazon.com. Be sure to check out Amazon's warehouse, warehousedeals.com. It is full of refurbished and open-box items featured at lower prices. All Warehouse purchases are covered by Amazon's standard 30-day return policy.

I recently learned how to get free shipping on everything I order. Prime is a pretty good deal, but it's better when you can get it for free. Amazon offers two programs that let you do just that. If you have a .edu email address, Amazon Student gives you a free year of Prime. If you do not qualify, try "Amazon Mom." You don't have to be a mom, or even a parent, to qualify. You'll get three months of Prime for free, 30% off on diapers, and you earn an additional month free for every $25 you spend on qualifying items (up to a year). While most of the qualifying items are kid-related, not all are. Look for the "Amazon Mom" banner on the product page. I've found it on an assortment of furniture, electronics, and household items.

If all else fails, I order the items that have free shipping with a $25.00 order or more. This is standard shipping, so it does take awhile to receive. I love Amazon.com, and think you will too.

By Bobbie from Rockwall, TX

Thank you so much for this information. I was thinking about joining Amazon Prime cause I shop from them all the time but really didn't want to part with the $80. I had no idea if you were a student you can get it free for 6 months and after that half price! I already signed up :) Thanks again!

Funny, I just read this exact thing on someone's blog yesterday....ironic.

My son and his wife are millennials and still in the CC stage (cumulatin' crap) and they have an Amazon Prime membership. They gave us one, piggybacked to theirs.

I use it to buy my cat food and cat litter, and this week, I've got a baby gift for a shower coming. Target couldn't deliver until after the shower, but Amazon had the exact Pack&Play on the registry, same price. No delivery cost with Prime.

Since I'm on a gift Prime account, we can't get TV shows through Amazon, but we've got Netflix and Dish and can by without it.