Have Fun While Cleaning

It helps make the chores go faster when you can enjoy yourself with some tunes. This guide is about have fun while cleaning with music.

This is sort of silly, but enjoyable. Earlier in the day I had downloaded a good hour's worth of my favorite songs onto my MP3 player so I had something to listen too while I exercised out in the garage. Later that evening, I decided to listen to it again as I cleaned the kitchen after supper.

Listening to my favorite songs seemed to energize me, and before long not only was the kitchen clean, but I was doing other things around the kitchen that I had been putting off. Two hours later, I had run out of things to do and was actually sort of disappointed.

The next morning I woke up to a totally spotless kitchen, changed the music on my MP3 player and was giving some serious thought to what to conquer next.

Oh, and I guess it's important to include that I ran the wires to my ear pieces under my shirt then placed the MP3 player in my pocket. This way the wires weren't in the way as I danced and sang my way through the kitchen as I cleaned.

By CaroleeRose from Madison, AL

MP3 player also makes time slip by fast when you are in the garden picking butterbeans. I put mine on the radio setting last summer and it was a big help.

MP3 player in your pocket? I always thought that's what bras were for!

If you are like me, with cleaning the kitchen, I can easily go on autopilot and get the job done so effortlessly with music or by calling someone on a cell-phone and using a headset to keep my hands free. Great tip!

My mom used to turn on the record player (yeah, I know I'm dating myself, lol!) and dance away her cleaning-house blues. Me? I turn on my Talking Book machine and enjoy a good story to take my mind off what my hands are doing. The down side, though, is the book machine won't fit in my pocket - even my digital is about the size of a regular, hardback book.