Keeping Your Sanity With Chiggers

Too bad there is not a category for "Keeping Your Sanity" because during chigger season, that is what this is. I have found several things that help but the best is Rid. Yes, the product you use for head lice. I am always embarrassed when I have to buy it, and usually end up having to ask where it is. I have also found that spraying around my ankles and legs with vinegar each time I go out usually keeps the chiggers at bay, but got lazy and didn't do it for a while. Mistake!

By Rainbowridergrma from Cross Plains, TX

So do you use the Rid to treat the bites or as a preventative? And the vinegar (white or apple cider?) will prevent them? Should you just spray your ankles, or from the waist down (where they LOVE to go...)? More information, please!

As far as using Rid, it is after you are bitten. At first I would rub it on and leave 10 minutes like the directions said, and then wash off, but got to the point where I just put it on the bites and left it. Must point out that it will stain clothes. As to the vinegar, I use the generic white vinegar full strength in a spray bottle.

And I do spray arms, legs, nape of neck to keep mosquitoes, gnats, and other pesky flying creatures away. For the chiggers, it seems that when I just spray around my ankles, they stay away, but I am not out in tall grass or berry-picking, so then probably spraying all locations would be wise.

By ngknight (Guest Post)

I have also found putting ice on a chigger bite or fireant bite seems to take the itch away. Don't know why it works but take some frozen peas or vegetable and wrap in a towel and just hold it on the bite for about a minute. Sure works for me.

By Samantha (Guest Post)

Apparently you can also get relief from chiger bites by using a product called Kleen-Free on the bites and in a diluted form you can spray it on your garden, lawn etc to help kill them.

Here is the website http://www.kleen-free.com with info on this under the BedBug tab.

Home and Garden Pest Control InsectsJuly 22, 2008
🐛
🌻
🐰
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf92862199.tip.html