1999 Ford Ranger Heater Not Working?

Please help, it's getting cold. The heater is not working in my 1999 Ford Ranger. The heater core is getting hot and air is coming through the vents. I can't locate the transfer door between the heater core and the evaporator core. Where is the actuator? Is it vacuum or electric?

By Mike from Millington, TN

Best Answer

I had a Ford van that did that, and I had to replace a heater regulator that is located behind the stereo.

Best Answer

Go to Auto Zone and they will pull up a print out for you and you will find it. The most likely cause is a vacuum door is not opening cause by a broken or loose vacuum hose, listen for a hissing sound and you will find it, it will be under the dash near the big black box (heater box).

Consumer Advice Cars Repair AdviceDecember 22, 2009
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf93287094.tip.html