Product FinderConsumer Advice

Oval Baking Dish with Lid

Although I have a nifty covered casserole dish by Tupperware, I'd like to get back to baking in glass or ceramic with a lid. Am having a difficult time locating a casserole that is oval, with lid, and 3 qt. size that isn't too heavy. I have tried Ebay, Amazon, general internet search. I have found 1, but no lid. I would like to be able to possibly put a small baking sheet on the top (don't want to use aluminum foil).

Do you think this would not be air tight enough? Would the baking pan just warp?
Solutions?

Holly from Richardson, TX

Have you seen the products from Le Creuset? They're fairly popular and come with lids. I've seen them at discount stores like Marshall's, too. (They're a bit pricey, so look for sales!)

Corning makes an oval casserole dish in the French White collection. I love mine. Cleans really easy. It comes with a glass lid and you can also get a flexible snap-on lid to put on when it goes in the fridge.

You can find Corning in a lot of stores. If you live near an outlet mall they usually have Corning stores. Sometimes you can also find pieces at thrift stores or garage sales.

Here is a link at amazon.com for the 2.5 quart:

www.amazon.com/.../B00005B8JP?tag=thrif06-20

or click on the link there for 'Corning' to see what else is available.

Holly,
I got a really nice 3 quart oval baking/casserole dish with a lid from a Princess House Home Party. You can check it out at: www.princesshouse.com/.../product.asp?sessionid=&ctd=429019... . This consultant is a friend of mine and will be happy to help you find what you are looking for!

God Bless,
Sheila in Titusville, FL

By nolasandy (Guest Post)

I believe I saw one that was rather nice and about 3 quarts that was around $10-15 at Wal-Mart.

By Barbara Snyder (Guest Post)

I too have a corning casserole dish to tell you the truth I got 3 different ones when I got married about 5 years ago and it is from the French White collection they are great and I use them all the time.

I was at an antique mall this weekend and saw so many glass lidded casserole dishes, mostly Pyrex. Prices were reasonable, too.

Pyrex company has been sold and reformulated. Most new Pyrex is not safe for oven or stovetop. They break and explode. Only use old pyrex (30+ years).

By Dee (Guest Post)

Le Creuset explode and the company doesn't honor their warranty.

www.mybeautifulbc.com/.../creusetExplodes.php

I would avoid Le Creuset.