AdviceGardening

Picking Up Sweet Gum Balls

What is the best way to pick up sweet gum balls from the yard? I would prefer not to cut down the 14 trees throughout the yard if possible.

By ty from Chesapeake, VA

Best Answer

I expect a lawn sweeper would do the job. You can get pull behind, as well as push varieties. I expect you could rent one (if you cannot borrow) to see how effective it is. Then you could look around for a used one.

Anonymous

put a bag in a 55 gal trash can,rake leaves into lines,
lay trashcan on its side and push gumballs or leaves into bag use fan tail rake.

Anonymous

I'd do it like I pick up walnuts. Sit with legs open on a five gallon bucket. pick up all the surrounding gum ball pods.

Put them in the bucket (With gloves , of course). Or better yet consider all the squats and the exercise your back side will get. You can call it a workout.

I'd do it like I pick up walnuts. Sit with legs open on a five gallon bucket. pick up all the surrounding gum ball pods. Put them in the bucket (With gloves , of course). Or better yet consider all the squats and the exercise your back side will get. You can call it a workout.