FlooringHome Improvement

Removing Carpet

I want to take on a huge project of painting my entire house and ripping out all the carpeting to put in floors. What would be the easiest way to do this? I look around and sigh, where to begin?

Amy from Illinois

As far as the painting goes, I personally would do one room at a time. I know I tend to get burned out if a project is too big. This way, only one room is "under construction" at a time.

By LHegs (Guest Post)

Paint first. Drips will land on the carpet you are taking out and you won't have to clean them off the new floors.

Hi Amy, what kind of floors are you going to put in? If you are installing a laminate flooring and doing it yourself I would start with a smaller room first just so you can get some practice and in case you make some mistakes.

My husband and his friend installed my laminate flooring in my kitchen and dining room and made a "few" mistakes cutting the laminate. I also agree with LHegs that you should paint first before tearing out the old carpet - you will save on buying plastic dropcloths.