CatsPets

Sybil (Cat)

Category Cats

This is my best friend Sybil with her first preg. She was relaxing on the back of my PC chair.

By Deloise

Sybil is a very beautiful and elegant lady kitty and soon to be a Queen Mother herself. She's going to drive you half crazy wanting to eat more and more as she nurses her babies. (We've been there and done that so many times), so just be sure to give her the foods she'll need to raise nice healthy babies. When our mother kitties were nursing babies, we'd often give them Purina Kitten Chow

knowing that it has more of the fast-healthy growing nutrients in it. Not every meal but often enough so that when she started weaning them to regular cat food, they'd have something to learn with. It also
kept her free from hair loss, hunger and the loss of
her own body nutrients like calcium etc. Not everyone agrees with me, but I don't change things that have worked for years without a very good reason...like recall, for instance. I've learned to trust what works for us and our fur-children.

There are commercial cat foods out there for nursing mother kitties, but be very careful what you buy. I trust Purina all the way, and "No, no one in our family works for them". :-) To my knowledge though, they've never had a recall for anything.

Thank you for sharing Sybil with us. She is a beauty.

Pookarina

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Poor Sybil...I feel sorry for her. Can you have her spay after this litter? She will live much longer and then the kitty population will decrease.

Reply Like this photo? Yes