Burned Glass Top Range

I boiled water in a copper bottom sauce pan on a glass top stove and forgot about it. Now the sauce pan has gone totally grey at the bottom on the sides and the glass top has a white foggy spot.

Have I damaged the stove top beyond repair? Is it still safe to use? Also, is there any way of getting rid of the foggy white spot. The sauce pan will have to be tossed.

Any help is very much appreciated.

By Vicky from Calgary

Anonymous

I am sorry that I don't know about glass top ranges :-( Is the copper only on the outside of the sauce pan? If so, why in the world would you just throw it away? If it's because it doesn't look pretty anymore please donate it to the Goodwill or Salvation Army so that someone in need of a good pan can purchase it at a low price they can afford!

I use a product called Dawn Power Desolver. It is with the Easy Off oven products at Walmart and works pretty good. May take a couple of applications and some elbow grease but has always done the trick for me.

I also have a scraper with a razor by my stove and use it lightly on a regular basis to help with the build up.