Cleaning Burned Food Off Stove Top

How do I clean the spillover of cranberry sauce on my new GE double oven 6 burner range top? It looks like a black residue that is now hard. I have used hot water, Soft Scrub, and vinegar. Can you recommend anything else? I would think oven cleaner is too harsh. It almost needs to be scraped off, but then you run the risk of scratches. Tell me a secret, please!

By Celeste

Try making a paste of powdered dishwasher detergent and water, and spread it on the spot(s). Cover with a damp rag to keep it moist. Leave overnight, then try scraping with a plastic spatula or old credit card. The plastic will not scratch, and the detergent should soften the black residue. I have a used up gift card that I keep to use just for scraping the stove, and any burnt pans, especially no stick ones. If you don't have a dishwasher, the el cheapo detergent from the dollar store works fine. This has worked for me. Hope it is helpful to you.

Apply the soft scrub and with an old credit card scrape it off. Works wonders.

Our new stove came with the product Ceramabryte to use with a yellow pad. It works great for me. Here is the website that explains all the products:

http://www.cera  mp;CategoryID=35

Heavy Duty Easy Off Oven Cleaner! Spray enough to cover the stove top and leave on for about 40 min! It works amazing! I spent 3 days with 8 different cleaners to try to get my stove clean and this was the absolute best! No scrubbing it just wiped right off!

You used this on a glass top? Thanks. I am staying at a friends house and I have a stain on the stove and used several different cleaners. I just want to make sure it does not hurt the glass.

I use lysol kitchen cleaner, it is the best for all needs, i spray on my stove for hard spots of all colors, no matter how long the stain is been on the stove, just spray let sit maybe a minute, i usually just end up spraying my counters down as i let it sit on my stove, then return with a clean wet cloth and wipe away. Usually no hard scrubbing involved. Hope this helps and good luck