Buying a CarCars

Transportation Dilemma

Category Buying a Car

I would like to know if anybody can help me out in getting a car. I am about to graduate and need a car to get back and forth to college and work. I do not have a job because I don't have a car.

Irene

I use to carpool with friends that worked the same place I did.There is pubic transporation in some places.Where their is a will there is a way.Everybody doesn't drive and seems to try and find a alternate method. My daughter drives but with gas so expensive she carpools with a lady she works with.She pays her $5.00 a day to ride. Hope this helps. You can save your money to buy you a car this way .

Try a little creative thinking-Maybe you could look for a job within walking distance of your home. And if the college is more than walking distance from home, you can post something on your college's communal message board (they may have one online, too) explaining your transportation 'challenges.". Maybe one or more students would be willing to transport you for a small charge (depending on your/their class schedule.) Or perhaps you could 'barter' for the service- they drive you, you clean their dorm room, for example. As "Seamstress" says, where there's a will there's a way.

There is a lot more cost involved in having a car than just the original purchase price. Gas, insurance, maintenance and repairs can be more costly than the price of the car. I would suggest looking into alternate forms of transportation such as carpooling, bus, bicycle or train to get to work. Or, look for something within walking distance. Lots of people work who don't own a car. Good luck!

It's obvious you want someone to give you a car. Ever hear of something called a bus? Stop making up excuses and get a job. Then you will be able to buy gas and insurance for the car that you bought with your hard earned money.

i have twin granddaughters-they got full scholarships to college.i was so proud my husband and i bought them a car---------where are your parents or grandparents??

I have seen your post either here or at other site,
GET A JOB. You can do it and appreciate it once
you earn your own $$ for auto and upkeep. I went to college with young students who thought nothing
of $350.00 dollar cell phone bills each month and whined about not having cars. Prioritize your wants and needs and take the bus or walk for now.I did this on my own and for awhile I took the bus and
walked everywhere.

Can you use a bus or train for transportation?