StainsCleaning

Sharpie Marker On Door

Category Stains

My 18 month old daughter got a hold of a black sharpie and she scribbled all ove my white door in my apartment. I wanted to know how to get it off, i tried hairspray, Wd40 but it didnt work. Any other ideas?

Britney

By pakjc (Guest Post)

I would just prime and paint it and save yourself the trouble!!

By CRMom (Guest Post)

Try using bug spray. This was a trick I learned while spending a week at Boy Scout camp. The bug spray took the names off many items leaving a large lost & found pile.

Good Luck

I've found that the easiest way to take off Sharpie Marker writing is to use nail polish remover. It works like a charm!

By Michele (Guest Post)

You can try the Magic Eraser sponge. It sometimes takes off things like that.

By Lily (Guest Post)

We used rubbing alcohol to take it off of chalkboards when I worked at a grade school. Sounds like you have some good ideas here.

By suzi homemaker (Guest Post)

I sat on a purple sharpie on my suede like couch and when I finally felt something wet on my leg and realized it was the sharpie, I almost had a heart attack! I had 3 quarter size spots of sharpie satuarated in the cushion of my couch.

I tried everything I knew of and as a last resort, I used a product called Awesome, bought at Dollar Tree, and it took it right off. It was like magic right before my eyes. I couldn't believe it!!!

If the Magic Eraser won't work, try a product called "Goof Off". I got mine at Target and I'm sure it is available at Wal-Mart or Kmart as well.

Renee

By Matt (Guest Post)

Hey i just got sharpie off my desk with rubbing alcohol. Unbelievable!! Took it off like magic!!

Thanks for whoever wrote that post.

By Sherry (Guest Post)

The alcohol saved my $2000.00 desk from a red heart shaped sharpie mess my neice did to me. Make sure you put a lot of polish on the area because it looks like it started to take the finish off.