Repurposing Old Plastic Drawers

Like most people, I went through a frenzy a few years ago to organize everything. A major task was the kids rooms!

I bought nice plastic stacking drawers on wheels in fun colors - and it worked! For a while. After much use, including playing with the drawers, some of the structure was damaged or broken. There I was, left with the pull out drawers. We are very into recycling, but here these plastic drawers are not accepted. What is a girl to do? Keep using them!

I put winter gloves and hats in them in summer and store in the high shelves of the closets. They are see through, so I know what is in them. In winter, I store summer clothes. And they didn't end up in a land fill!

By Auliya from NC

I think it's wonderful you repurposed those drawers. They are being put to good use with something you already owned so you saved money not buying any bins! Good idea!

I just started doing this and this is cool I am not the only one. Thanks

Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 24, 2011
😎
📓
🐛
🌻