Stream With Fall Color (Spearfish Canyon, SD)

This photo was shot in Spearfish Canyon, South Dakota. I was crossing this little stream and noticed the color of the water. I was captivated by the colors from the leaves' reflections. I must have taken 30 pictures just of this spot and this was the best one I got!

I am so happy I took the time to take this photo, because 30 minutes later when coming back acrossed the stream, the sun had moved enough that the water wasn't colored anymore.

By Candace from Gillette, WY

So beautiful! I have shots like this where you just look up and you have to save it. Thanks for sharing.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

This is just beautiful...looks like a painting. I voted thumbs up!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

This photo would make a beautiful painting. Very nice.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Amazing picture, the color combination is incredible. I would use this as a picture in my living room, it is just so captivating.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Awesome picture!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Candace, this is just beautiful! You really have a good eye. Thank you for sharing it. I would just love to have a print of it to put on my wall. I wonder if you could sell it?

I don't know anything about that kind of thing, but I bet a lot of people would like to have a print. It's a real good advertisement for Wyoming, too. I would just love to be able to spend time in just that spot.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

By the way, you have my vote!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Absolutely gorgeous, Candace! Thank you for sharing!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thanks so much for all of your kind, wonderful words! I have only been taking photos for about 2 years, I am still learning as I just got a DSLR 3 months ago. I appreciate all of the wonderful feedback.

I love this picture and I am so happy to share it with you all. I don't know much about selling photos or anything. If anyone has any advice or ideas, I would love to hear it. Thanks again!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Absolutely love your shot! It has beautiful colors and you framed it just about perfectly! It is very lovely and I wanted to thank you for sharing such a gorgeous site for those of us who may never get the chance to travel to your neck of the woods. May God bless you in all your photography adventures!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I agree, this is absolutely beautiful! It looks like a painting! I would look for some legitimate photo contests to enter it.

I wonder if you can sell prints on something like Etsy? You'd have to copyright it though so nobody steals it.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

In These Pages
Photos SceneryOctober 19, 2011
💘
🍀