Comforting Puppies and Kittens

Want to comfort a puppy or kitten going through separation anxiety? Get one pair of mens socks, fill one with rice (not instant), and sew shut, then cover with other sock. Put in microwave for 3 minutes (until warm) and place in a "C" shape in your puppy/kitten crate.

They will curl up to it like it is a mommy, and the rice holds warmth for a few hours. When it gets dirty, slip off the cover sock, put it in the wash, and then put it back on. I use this trick with my foster puppy and kittens.

By Laura

By Louise (Guest Post)

I couldn't agree more with this. I started using this when we got our teacup chihuahua 2 years ago. She weighed only 11 oz. when we brought her home. I wanted to make sure she was warm, so I did the rice in a sock, in the microwave thing. Worked like a charm. In fact, she still gets it every nite at bedtime. I think I read the original article about 20 years ago in Ann Landers, only it was about using it for a stiff achey neck in humans!!!! I have one for me and one for my hubby. We love our "snuggies"

By Noel (Guest Post)

What I do when I leave my home I turn the TV on so my puppy thinks there is someone home. That way he won't get into so much trouble.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 117 Feedbacks

That is so sweet! I have had my 2 kitties (sister cats) for over a year now and they are well-adjusted but I want to do this for them anyway. I bet they will love it.

Great idea! We do take good care of our pets, don't we!

What a wonderful idea!

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 226 Feedbacks

A great idea! I would be careful to use something to contain the rice that the puppy couldnt chew through and eat the dried rice. When near moisture dried rice expands and might be a problem in the tummy. I hear dried corn works well for holding the heat too.

Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 180 Feedbacks

Great idea! Thank you for sharing.

Pets DogsApril 1, 2005
🎂
🍀
💘
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf959006.tip.html