Whole Wheat Bread

I myself bake even better ultra high bran, inexpensive, delicious and healthy bread in a bread machine using the following easy recipe.

Ingredients

• 2 cups of water
  • 2 Tbsp. oil
  • 3 cups of white or whole wheat flour
  • 3 cups of coarse wheat bran
  • 2 Tbsp. gluten (optional but highly recommended)
  • Ad

• 2 tsp. salt
  • 2 Tbsp. sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. yeast

Directions

Put liquid ingredients first, add dry ingredients second, sprinkle yeast on top. Bake using French bread cycle. Eat within 1 day of baking while bread is fresh and soft.

Total - 2000 calories and 80 g bran which is more than 3 times as much as recommended daily amount.

If you want to make it even healthier, finely grind in a coffee mill 3 Tbsp. of flax and use it in place of oil

If you have a small family or not many people in your household eat bread, you can half the recipe but please use the same amount of yeast (1 Tbsp.) in it.

I bake and eat this bread every day and I have eaten it throughout my pregnancy and never experienced any constipation which is so common among pregnant women. I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.