Gluing Glass Blocks Together

What is the best glue to use for gluing two 8x8x3 glass blocks together? I have used Goop glue and it has an odor that doesn't go away much. I stack the 2 blocks on top of each other with a plastic strip in between and need to make sure if I pick them up by the top block only, that they will not separate.

Brenda from Fort Wayne, IN

Best Answer

Clear silicone sealer, it has an odor until it dries but then no odor and it will hold anything. Can be purchased at Lowe's or Walmart. You can buy it in many sizes but I prefer this tube size that goes in a caulking gun for ease of giving you a line to work with. When your finished put a large nail in the end to close it off until next use. The smell will be terrible until it drys then you have no smell at all, do this outside or where you have good ventilation.
http://www.lowe  A&lpage=none

Best Answer

If you want to permanently affix just about anything to just about everything, try Liquid Nails. After it dries, it's odorless. You won't need anything and the glass blocks will fail before it does.

http://www.liqu  ls.com/index.jsp

Yes the silicone sealer works great! I have used it many times to glue glass together, and it is water proof! I made an all glass water fountain, so it needed to withstand water, and it did. But I am going to try the nail glue, sounds interesting.

Just a plain old glue gun will work just dandy, I make a snowman and have to glue 2 different sizes together and it holds just fine!