SandwichesRecipes

Toasted Twist On A BLT

This sandwich is a twist on a BLT and is so good. It is flavorful, filling, and pretty healthy. When I make this sandwich, my family gets really excited!

• 8 slices thick cut bread (A crusty Italian bread works really good, but you can use whatever kind you like)
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 slices any cheese you like that melts easily (we love a sharp cheddar)
  • 12 strips bacon (turkey bacon makes it even healthier)
  • lettuce leaves
  • 4 large tomato slices or 8 small ones
  • mayonnaise
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1-2 Tbsp. butter

Directions:

Toast your bread and spread the mayonnaise on each slice. While the bread is toasting, fry your bacon slices until nice and crispy, and drain on paper towels.

Heat butter in a non-stick skillet, and fry your eggs sunny side up, salt and pepper lightly. You want the eggs done, but the yolks to still be nice and runny (you'll see why in a minute).

Assemble sandwiches: Lay your bacon strips on the bottom slice of bread. Put your tomato slices on top of the bacon, salt and pepper your tomatoes to taste. You can also add a light sprinkling of sugar or sugar substitute (my grandmother ate tomatoes this way and it is delicious with the salt and pepper). Lay your lettuce leaves on top of the tomatoes. Carefully lay your fried eggs on top of the lettuce and put your cheese slices on the top pieces of bread but don't put the top slices of bread on the sandwiches.

Serve the sandwiches open faced, and let each diner put the top slice of bread on themselves. Gently smush the top slice onto the egg, so the yolk breaks and pours down over the sandwich. Enjoy!

This sandwich is great any time of the day, and is good served with hash-browns for breakfast, a nice antipasto for lunch (pictured), or french fries or baked potatoes for dinner!

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes

Source: I got this recipe from the Adam Sandler movie "Spanglish" and we eat it often!

By Shannon M. from Lakewood, OH

That looks so good and you are making me hungry! Got everything for that except the thick bread so will have to get busy and make some.

Oh yum! Sounds so good. With a salad alongside, it makes a BLT into a whole meal.

My hubby will surely love this as he likes his eggs sunny-side up. It's

going to make a very nice presentation and a healthy luncheon dish
too. Often he doesn't want breakfast, but likes breakfast for lunch if
that makes sense.

Thank you Shannon. You'll get my vote.

Pookarina

Thanks Shannon. I am going to try this! Bacon is meat candy!