Homemade Cough Syrup

This tastes bad, but it works. Boil 1 cup unsulphered molasses for 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup cider vinegar. Simmer mixture 5 more minutes.Add 1/2 of a small onion, raw and diced to the pot. Stir and remove from heat. Pour mixture into a Tupperware container and consume this while it is hot. This should kill colds within a few days.

Source: My grandparents

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

I like my dad's recipe better, lemon,whisky & honey. He kept it in the fridge & dispensed it by the spoonful when we were sick-I loved it! And I would never, ever give it to my kids because of the alcohol! LOL!

lyonpridej: How much lemon, whiskey, and honey should be mixed together?

This was a prescription from a physician for a child's cough syrup in 1962. Ahh the good old days!!

1 tsp whiskey
1 tsp lemon
1 tsp honey

Take as needed for cough

The whisky helps you sleep and its alcohol content acts as a disinfectant, while the honey and lemon soothe your throat and also acts as a disinfectants.

Unsulphured mol: is that the typical grocery store?

Here is a good recipe for cough syrup. Take 1/3 cup lemon juice, 1 Tbsp. of honey or sugar, warm it for 10 seconds in microwave. Stir well, add 2 cups of water, shake to mix it. I use a 16 oz water bottle.

By Kathleen from Dothan, AL

Answers:

Recipe for Cough Syrup

We also add a little whiskey. Usually a tablespoon of two or the mixture does the trick for a couple hours! (12/02/2008)

By friend

Recipe for Cough Syrup

Just drink a small amount at the time when coughing, day and night. Good luck. (12/08/2008)

By Kathleen W.

Recipe for Cough Syrup

I do something similar. I squeeze fresh lemon juice into a cup, add a big teaspoon full of honey and stir together while I add boiling water from the kettle (sort of like a cup of tea) and let it cool a bit before sipping slowly. It's pretty easy to make each time and I find the warmth helps sooth coughing and sore throat too. (12/10/2008)

By Kevin

Health & Beauty Home RemediesNovember 30, 2010
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-16 10:02:01 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️

Home RemediesHealth & Beauty