Pet PagesPets

Squirt (Cat) and Emma (Dog)

contest winner icon

My 19 year old cat was asleep on a kitchen counter and I layed down on my back on the floor to take a picture of him hanging his head over the edge while he slept. The moment I layed down, my dog Emma came over and rested her head on my neck to make sure I was okay (I'm learning to walk again and have balancing issues).

Anyway, my cat woke up, jumped down onto my stomach and Emma started to nuzzled him. That's why the background is a little odd but I love the precious moment between the two which happened less than 10 inches from my face.

By CPJ from Madison, Al

Editor's Note: Sadly, we have been informed that Squirt has passed away since this post was submitted. Thank you to CaroleeRose for sharing him (and Emma) with us.

Anonymous

I am so sorry to read that your beloved Squirt has passed away :-( I pray that you and Emma are doing well and thank you for sharing this most precious photo!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I'm so sorry to hear that Squirt has passed on. My sympathy to you, as I know what this is like, having been through this many times. Squirt will always be alive in your memories & your heart. How nice that you got this unique picture of Squirt & Emma when you did. Best wishes to you & Emma as you carry on.

Reply Like this photo? Yes