Unclogging Soap Dispensers

Category Miscellaneous
Keeping your dispenser free flowing is the goal for a tidy squirt of soap. This guide is about unclogging soap dispensers.

It's easy to remedy this problem, when foam soap or sanitizer soap containers become clogged and squirts all over when you pump. I use a toothpick to run through the rim, taking care to remove all the clogged soap. Works like a charm.

We usually don't have toothpicks, but we've learned that unbending the end of one of our large, metal paper clips also works.

That is really a problem for me with large bottles of body lotion and the pumps. The lotion in the end of the pump dries--my son calls those 'lotion bugers'. I never thought of using a toothpick or paper clip.