SoupsRecipes

Baked Ziti Soup Recipe

I am looking for a way to make a soup using baked Ziti. I have heard of spaghetti soup, but I don't know what to add to make ziti into a soup.

By Shirley from NV

I have never heard of spaghetti soup before. I might have to try that.

Here is a recipe for spaghetti soup to use as a guide. I see it uses beef broth and spaghetti sauce (plus some water) as the base. I would just wing it and start there to thin the ziti down to soup consistency, then add some veggies or even some beans of some type and a bit more spices if needed. Maybe instead of more spaghetti sauce since your ziti already has that you could use tomatoes in some form (sauce or pureed or diced etc) so it doesn't end up too sweet.

You wont need anywhere near the water they use since your pasta is already cooked. And I would think you would want to not heat it up together too long on the stove since the ziti is already baked you don't want the pasta to get mushy. Just long enough to heat through and let the flavors blend a bit.

http://www.tast  s/Spaghetti-Soup