AdviceHome Improvement

Eliminating Moisture Under the Sink

Does anyone know of a natural way to eliminate moisture under a kitchen sink? The products that are on the market are a little pricey.

Thanks. Carla

By carla from Huntington, WV

I have the same problem so will keep an eye on this post. Milly

I keep several layers of news paper under the sink. It controls moisture & you can also see if it's wet just in case you get a leak, good luck.

In our camper we put those moisture canisters with the crystals inside. They have to be emptyed once in awhile. I would really wonder why there is moisture there in the first place. Too much and you'll get rot.

Thanks guys! The problem is not too bad. I think that it occurs when I use the sprayer. Just a thought, it just occurred to me that I have tons of those silica packets that you get when you purchase something to prevent moisture. I always save them instead of tossing them. Does anyone have any ideas for these? I don't really know how to apply this though, perhaps just toss them in a container and place them under the sink. Just a thought.

Carla

Try using a box of plain old chalk.