Paint Color AdviceDecorating

Paint Color Advice for Bathroom with Gray Tile

We have gray tile in our bathroom and want to repaint the walls. I was considering something in the purple family, but was not sure if I should go for a light purple or darker purple. The purple does have a gray tinge to it.

By Lori F.

Purple and Gray compliment each other well. As for the shade think about how small or large the room is. A darker color will make the room feel smaller. I have purple right now in my bathroom too. I have teamed it with yellow and it is very pretty.

If you find a shade of purple that compliments the gray really well, go with it and you can always lighten the dark with accessories. My opinion if I were doing the bathroom is to consider the amount of natural lighting the room has which would decide whether to go light or dark on the walls. Again though, in a bathroom it wouldn't matter that much if you have lots of mirrors and lights to brighten the room. Doxielovr3 also gave you a good tip to consider.

Also consider how much light you have in your bathroom. If the light is low I would got with a lighter shade.